Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Jellyfish in Space

"Jellyfish in Space"
11"x14"
This is by far one of my favorite new pieces.  I have a thing for jellyfish and i just love the way this one turned out.  It's based on a photograph i took at an aquarium in San Francisco over a year ago.  It was my second time visiting SF completely by myself, which was terrifying for me.  I'm not one to do things alone, so to get on a plane and fly across the country completely on my own was one of the scariest and amazing things i've ever done.  I'm independent, but as a paraplegic, long story short, there's a lot of things to worry about and consider.  So on my last day there, i had the day to myself and decided to push myself across San Francisco, until i got to the Embarcadaro, where i pushed all the way down until i got to the aquarium.  I spent some time there alone quietly taking pretty pictures of peaceful sea creatures.  It was amazing and as silly as it is, i was proud and feeling accomplished to have gone that far by myself.  Luckily, it wasn't the dangerously hilly part of the city!  It was a good day.

This painting was painted for my show "Lemonade Stand" at Trenton Social.  To my excitement (and heartache!) she sold! 




This is the photo from the aquarium that the painting is based off.  I thought it looked like they were in space...



No comments:

Post a Comment